Looking for a quick veggie and protein packed lunch? Look no further than this simple Hummus and Chicken Protein Bowl. It takes less than 1o minutes to meal prep for an entire week’s worth of lunches, and its oh so tasty.
I made these for lunch this week. I was looking for something packed with protein (the chicken, hummus, and chickpeas) AND veggies. It’s a perfect, tasty balance that keeps me full all afternoon!
Restrictive diets that tell me I can’t have chocolate or pizza are not my friend. In fact, I’ve never been able to stick to those diets. Instead, I follow a lifestyle of healthy eating. I eat 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings or fruit, and other healthy foods each day. I eat small meal 6 times a day, so I’m never hungry or feeling deprived. Also, I eat protein with at least 4 out of the 6 meals to help build that lean muscle. After that, I LOVE indulging in my pizza, chocolate, or even a beer at the end of the day. There is ZERO guilt when I feed my body this way. Plus, I fit into my skinny jeans and actually HAVE FUN instead of counting calories and eating at home 24/7.
I just launched a Free Facebook Group for ladies like me who want to eat the foods they love while losing weight and becoming more active. I will be sharing exclusive tips, live videos, workouts, and recipes there. You can join it here!
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 8 cups of leafy greens of your choice (spinach, baby romaine, kale, ect)
- 2.5 cups of cucumber, diced
- 5 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2.5 cups of canned chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- 5 cups of hummus
- 2.5 cups Tyson Grilled and Ready Shredded Chicken breast
- 10 tablespoons of feta, crumbled
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the leafy greens with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Cook the chicken according to package instructions.
- Assemble the salad in 5 containers:
- Layer the greens in the bottom of each container.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, chickpeas, and chicken around the bowl in sections.
- Add 1/4 cup of hummus to the center.
- Drizzle olive oil around the veggies if desired.
- Top with Feta cheese and sea salt to taste.
- Place each container in the fridge and bring to work for a healthy lunch this week!
I just shared how to eat exactly what you want and still lose weight last week. Check it our for more healthy goodness here.
Save this recipe for your next meal prep and tag me in your IG story when you make it!
Loren is a wellness advocate, a Special Education Teacher, a recent newlywed, and a hospice volunteer. Hiking, tea, visiting local breweries with her husband, photography, chocolate, and reading, are some of her favorites.