It’s a new year, and that means everyone is buckling down and trying to eat healthier and take better care of their bodies. My husband and I are no exception. We go to the gym regularly and love meal prep Sunday. We’ve been struggling to snack on healthy foods though. Then, I came across a recipe for No Bake Protein Balls and everything changed. Jordan says they’re his favorite thing I cook. I don’t know if thats a good or bad thing? 😉
No Bake Power Protein Balls
These No Bake Power Protein Balls are packed with nutrition, especially protein. They are only 80 calories each and over 7 grams of protein. I don’t recommend using just any protein powders. Instead of risking the hidden ingredients in some powders, I use dōTERRA TrimShake. dōTERRA has completely gone above and beyond my strict standards for pure, plant-based products. If you remember all of the health struggles I’ve had, you know that I won’t use just any products.
Quick and Easy
First, I love that this recipe is so fast! It takes very little effort. Second, you can use any type of nut butter. I prefer Jif Reduced Fat Peanut butter. The calories are lower than most other types. It’s also the perfect consistency for forming the balls.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
REFRIGERATOR TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
- 1 cup dry old-fashion oats
- 1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter (or a nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 ground flax seeds (see below on how to easily use a blender)
- 1/3 cup local honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops dōTERRA Chocolate TrimShake (get yours 25% off)
- 1/2 mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Place whole flax seeds in blender (I prefer NutriBullet) and blend until a powder is formed
- Stir all ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes
- Once chilled, (they it have firmed up a little) roll mix into small balls. *Note: it is easier to press into a ball shape than to roll
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week
- Enjoy a few treats when tempted to grab that junk food, or when in need of a pre/post workout protein boost
Loren is a wellness advocate, a recent college graduate in Special Education and Counseling, a substitute teacher, a tutor, and hospice volunteer. Hiking, tea, visiting local breweries with her fiancè, photography, chocolate, and reading, are some of her favorites.