If you’re like me, you have a massive list of people to shop for this Christmas. I’m just going to keep it real here. This is a Christmas of many firsts for me. My first Christmas as a homeowner. My first Christmas with a full time teaching job. Most excitingly, this is my first Christmas as a wife. My first truly adult-feeling Christmas.
Do you know what that really means? My shopping budget is T I G H T, TIGHT. Here’s how I Christmas Shop on a Budget. I also have an exclusive Gift Giving eBook just for my lovelies.
Top 4 gifts on a budget
1. DIY Aromatherapy Bracelet: $5-8
I’m not a super crafty person, but these bracelets are a snap to make. It costs less than $10. Most importantly, it takes me about five minutes to create these bracelets. I got clear stretchy bead string, 4mm lava beads, and colorful beads on amazon.
- Measure wrist and then adjust with the recipient in mind. I choose a patter. Then, string the beads.
- After tying a knot, dot the knot with a little bit of clear nail polish to secure.
- Finally, personalize the scent. For my fellow teachers and those with tough jobs, I put a few drops of Cheer or Tangerine Essential Oil on the lava beads. For those that need help relaxing, I add Balance Grounding Blend or Lavender Essential Oil. Be sure to only use the best, purest essential oils. No, not all oils are the same…doTERRA is the leading company for a reason.
Soothing Bath salts: $10-20
I love a nice, relaxing bath at the end of a long day or a hard workout. I make these for my people that need a little TLC. It reminds them to take a break and care for themselves too.
- Find a cute glass container. I used these ornaments to be extra festive.
- Combine 1-2 cups of unscented bath salts with 6-10 drops of doTERRA Essential Oil of your choice.
- Finally, use a fork to evenly mix and get out the lumps.
- Pour into your festive container and finish off with a bow.
Here are my fave scent combos…
3. Delightful Diffuser Scents: $50
I have tons of friends that love that big box store known for deliscious scented candles. But, I didn’t realize how toxic they are for my health. All of the artificial ingredients burning in my home are not good for anyone’s health. I have on-going wellness struggles, so I avoid toxins whenever possible.
- The Petal Diffuser is my absolute favorite. I set it for either 2, 4, or 6 hours. It automatically shuts off. This means I don’t have to worry about forgetting about it. Anyone else forget to blow out candles? I’m guilty!
- I get my diffusers and essential oils with a 25% discount. I also earn free products and money back when I shop in my account. Basically, I earn gifts while buying gifts for others. Check out this post to see how this works.
- This post explains why I fell in love with doTERRA and how it can help you have the best winter yet.
4. My ultimate gift giving guide is yours for free right here!
PLUS check out my festive sparkly roller bottes here
What is your go-to budget gift this year? Anything I should add to the list?
I hope you have the very merriest of Christmases this year. May your home be filled with Holiday Cheer in your diffuser and Cinnamon sweets in your kitchen.
Loren is a wellness advocate, a Special Education Teacher, a recent newlywed, and a hospice volunteer. Hiking, tea, visiting local breweries with her husband, photography, chocolate, and reading, are some of her favorites.