Grapefruit Essential Oil
As the season heats up, it’s time to spotlight one of my favorite dōTERRA citrus oils, Grapefruit! The summer is generally a time to get organized, in shape, and ready for vacations. I use doTERRA Grapefruit essential oil as part of a spring and summer detox routine. I also use it for everything from occasional blemishes to crushing sugar cravings and everything in between! Below are my top tips for loving summer with Grapefruit Essential Oil!
Where Do I Start?
First, it’s essential that you know not all essential oils are created equally. Be sure to purchase responsibly. The market is not regulated strictly. Furthermore, labels can claim an oil is 100% pure, but it doesn’t guarantee that you’re getting the most pure, effective, and safe product.
Additionally, most brand-name oils cannot be taken internally. This typically, but not always, indicates that there may be hidden additives in that bottle. Please, only use dōTERRA’s certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils. We must do searching and find the facts for ourselves.
I’ve fallen in love dōTERRA, an incredible company. They have top scientist in the essential oil industry and in the medical field as partners and consultants to ensure safety. They also assist communities in impoverished areas. Not to mention, they have their own foundation, the Healing Hands Foundation, that brings doctors, schools, food, jobs, clean water, and resources to people in need. I would LOVE to help you get started with the best oils around!
Fill out the contact form here, and we can chat about your wellness goals!
What is Grapefruit Essential Oil?
Grapefruit essential oil comes from the rind of this fruit. The aroma of Grapefruit essential oil provides an invigorating and energizing aroma. Diffused Grapefruit oil invokes a sense of clarity, and due to its main chemical component, limonine, can help to uplift mood. With its powerful cleansing properties, Grapefruit oil is valued for its skin care benefits and ability to promote the appearance of clear, healthy-looking skin when applied topically. When used internally, Grapefruit oil can help support a healthy metabolism.
The main chemical constituent of Grapefruit essential oil is d-limonene. Limonene is in the monoterpenes group and possesses strong uplifting aromatic characteristics. The uplifting benefits found in limonene are what make Grapefruit oil a great oil for aromatic use. Limonene also has the ability to dissolve oils, which makes it a common ingredient in hand cleansers.
6 Ways to Use Grapefruit Essential Oil
1. Are you trying to shed some extra weight or stick to a diet? Use Grapefruit essential oil to help you meet your goals. Add a 2 drops of Grapefruit oil into a diffuser or aromatherapy jewelry to help increase motivation all day.
2. Add flair to smoothies. Add 1-2 drops of Grapefruit essential oil to your favorite TrimShake recipe. If you are looking for a good way to add a brightness of flavor to your morning, make an Acai Bowl for breakfast and add a drop or two of Grapefruit oil.
3. Need an energy boost? Add 1 drop of Grapefruit essential oil and 1 drop of Lemon essential oil to a glass of water. This drink cleanses the body of any unwanted toxins in support of a healthy metabolism.
4. Feeling the Monday blues? Combine Grapefruit and Elevation for a tangy combination. It’s a great motivation boost to help set your mindset and accomplish your spring-cleaning this season. Organizing and de-junking is not my favorite hobby, so I am happy to diffuse anything that will help give me the kick I need to get it all done!
5. Feeling tense? Rub 1-2 drops of Grapefruit oil onto your neck and shoulders for positive vibes. Grapefruit essential oil promotes feelings of vitality, acceptance, and will uplift your mood.
6. Dreading swimsuit season? Improve the relationship with your body by giving it some essential oil LOVE. Rub 2 drops of Grapefruit and 1 drop of Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend with 5 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil on your stomach and thighs to help you have a healthy emotional relationship with your body and smooth skin.
7. I love to have Grapefruit on-hand in case we need a quick cleanser…it cuts through grease and sticky substances (Even superglue! I had a student “situation” with super glue one time and Grapefruit worked like a charm to clean the mess)!
8. Refresh your mind and body with this lovely roller bottle blend. Mix 5 drops each of Geranium, Lime, Eucalyptus, and Grapefruit oil in a 10ml roller bottle. Fill the rest of the roller with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply to wrists, neck, big toe, and/or over the heart when you need to feel rejuvenated.
How Do I Get a Bottle of Goodness?
Finally, now you are ready to give this oil thing a try. I’m so excited to support you and watch your life transform!
You can get an obligation-free 25% discount with a wholesale membership from dōTERRA, and let me tell you this is really the only way to go! Unlike most “memberships,” this requires NOTHING on your part. As a wholesale member, you are not obligated to purchase a certain amount of product a year, you do not have to sell or host parties, and you never have to order again. But let’s be honest, you’re going to fall in love with these oils!
With the membership, you are 100% in control. You decide if you want to place an order and when you place that order. You’ll receive your own login info, get your oils with 25% off, and it will ship directly to your door in 2 business days!
You also gain access to all of my exclusive offers I mentioned here.
Get all of the details and my recommendations on where to start at the shop link here
Grab a bottle for your essential spring collection today!
Loren is a wellness advocate, a recent college graduate in Special Education and Counseling, a substitute teacher, a tutor, and hospice volunteer. Hiking, tea, visiting local breweries with her fiancè, photography, chocolate, and reading, are some of her favorites.